After spending many years at an international level in the world of Tenpin Bowling travelling the world competing with a Great Britain shirt on my back and meeting the most wonderful people with many of them still lifelong friends and onto coaching adults and children I became to realise that I wanted to help people succeed with their dreams of representing their country in a sport they love. Through my youngest daughter joining an athletics club and really loving it and myself wanting to support her in every way I could I decided to train as an athletics coach.
I am very passionate about coaching especially in the field of Athletics. I became a fully qualified athletics coach in 2013 and have been coaching multi events ever since. I am now based in Thurrock and have a group of under 13’s aged between 9-12, I simply love working with them and we have lots of fun. The different areas I coach are long jump, high jump, 800m, shot and hurdles. I attend regular training sessions to keep myself updated.
Last year in October 2015 I was voted “A role model for women’s coaching”, which is a great honour – please read the article here.
In the summer of 2016 I won an amazing award “Star award for volunteering” and again this was such a privilege to receive.
In August 2016 I was asked by England Athletics to become a Mental Health Ambassador for Thurrock/Essex area so I am totally honoured to be carrying out this role and I’m looking forward to making a difference to people’s lives in so many ways.
I have enrolled myself on to various different training courses over the years to support the use of essential oils with sports coaching. I have achieved the following:
- Aromatherapy – which helps with calming, de-stressing the mind and body, builds up the immune system, helps with aches and pains and gets the body and mind ready for any event.
- Sports Nutrition – assisting with the correct dietary requirements for athletes, whilst competing, training and resting.
- Essential Oils – learning about the benefits of oils and how they can work for each athlete.
- Sports Psychology – helping the mind prepare and keeping focus from everyday training to major competitions.
- Anatomy & Physiology – Learning about the different body systems and how they all work together.